2-4 cups of cut up cauliflower
2 medium potatoes (cubed into bit sized pieces)
1/2 inch shredded ginger (fresh)
3 - 4 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or less or you can try Sriracha sauce
3-4 tbsp. water
3 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp. curry (optional)
1 - 2 green chilies, sliced in long thin pieces
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tsp mango powder (leave out if you don't have it)
1/2 to 1 cup of frozen peas (optional)
2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro (optional)
1/4 cup water as needed
1. In a small bowl, mix the shredded ginger, coriander, cayenne pepper, turmeric, curry and the 3 tbsp. of water to make a paste.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan with high sides.
3. Add cumin, Bay Leave and green chilies into the oil and stir for a few seconds.
4. Next, add the spice paste and stir for a minute until spices start leaving the oil.
5. Add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 tbsp. of water and salt. Mix well. Add more water as needed. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3-4 minutes and coat the vegetables. You may need more water, add as needed.
6. Add the frozen peas a few minutes before done.
7. Lastly add the mango powder (if desired) and fresh cilantro. Mix everything together, cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.
ENJOY - Thank you to Lillian for sharing this recipe.